There are things I definitely should be doing right now. Writing. Tidying. Laundry. Pre-reading for Singapore.
What am I doing?
Waiting for cookies to come out of the oven. Welcome to Procrastibaking.
I know I’m not the only person out there to undertake this glorious task, producing delicious baked good when I should be doing something else, so I thought I’d share it with the internet!
On today’s menu – Canteen Cookies.
Let me explain.
When I was in High School, my school canteen used to make the absolute best cookies. All big and gooey and chocolatey and delicious. The thing is, no one actually knows the recipe. I’m not saying I know the exact recipe, that would be a big of a stretch, but I think I’ve managed to crack it!
Want to make some of your own? Here are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/3 cup of castor sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 125g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Selection of chocolate chips – I prefer milk and white
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla essence and egg to mixture
- Gradually mix in flour and stir until combined
- Add chocolate chips
- Place teaspoons of mixture onto greased baking tray. Cook for 10-15minutes. (*edit: I probably used about a handful and made them into glorious little balls).