I’ve been nominated for this award a few times on my other blog, but it doesn’t make it any less special. Thank you to The Bookish Underdog for nominating me (and sorry it took me so long to get around to answering the questions!).
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from The Bookish Underdog:
- What made you want to start a blog? I actually started a blog when I first moved over to Adelaide as a way for people to keep up with what I was doing, but I sort of stopped it after first year. Then I started Rachel Also Writes because I wanted to become more involved in writing blogs and get to know other writers. Then I started this blog to keep people updated with my life on exchange and it just sort of kept going. I suppose the simple answer is that I love to write, and blogging is fun!
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Both! Why does everyone always want you to choose? Why can’t you like both? Por qué no los dos!
- Which famous person, dead or alive, would you most like to meet? Oh god these things are too much pressure. I’d love to meet so many famous people, but I think I’ll say David Attenborough for now. He’s just had such an incredible life and I’d love to hear him talk about it!
- EXCLUDING Harry Potter, which fictional world would you most like to visit? I actually have no interest in visiting Hogwarts or anything else in the Harry Potter world. Obviously I’m going to say Middle Earth. Are you even surprised? No.
- Name something on your bucket list? Have my writing published.
- What did you do for your last birthday? It was my 21st so I had a little party with some friends and lots of cupcakes.
- Right-handed or left-handed? Left.
- Would you rather have a tiny house and a massive garden or a massive house and a tiny garden? Tiny house and a massive garden I suppose. I’m not really into massive houses, I prefer normal sized ones. And I can’t garden, but if I had a big garden I could have a big dog!
- Do you believe in gods / a god? Nah. Although I’d be more likely to believe in gods than in a single god. If I was going to be religious, I’d get around Old Norse mythology. But no, I don’t believe if a higher power or whatever.
- Which Harry Potter spell do you most wish you could use in real-life? (Let’s pretend there’s no International Statute of Secrecy.) Uh…I don’t actually know any Harry Potter spells off the top of my head… That one Hermione uses in book four to make herself prettier. That one.
- If you had to choose, which would you rather live without: books, TV/film or music? TV/film. Easy. As much as I love TV/film and am very addicted to Netflix, I couldn’t live without books or music. It would be impossible. Besides, if I didn’t have so much TV to watch on Netflix I’d read heaps more books!
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I get really annoyed that the various immigration people in all the countries I’ve been to haven’t stamped my passport in the order I visited the countries.
2. I once cried a little bit because someone mixed up the lids of my highlighters and put them on random colours. It really upset me.
3. I’ve been working on the same novel since 2007 and it still keeps surprising me!
4. My current favourite food is thick cut rice cakes with butter and vegemite. I ate them for all three meals today. #wild
5. It upsets me that people keep putting fruit (and vegetables) on pizzas. FRUIT IS FOR DESSERT!
6. I’ve tried haggis and blood pudding and really enjoyed both.
7. When I was little I wanted to learn Elvish (and could say a few words) because I have always been a supreme LoTR nerd.
8. I currently turn books on my shelves upside-down once I’ve read them so I remember which ones I’ve read.
9. I don’t drink alcohol (beyond a sip of champagne for a wedding toast or bitters in my Lemon Lime and Bitters) and haven’t for over a year.
10. I really love chocolate but I’d rather have savoury treat foods than sweet ones…
11. I’m really struggling to think up an eleventh random fact…
Now I’m supposed to nominate some bloggers to do this challenge, but I’m really tired so I might do that another time…